2) What is virtual memory and what are some factors that affect its performance?
This material may consist of step-by-step explanations on how to solve a problem or examples of proper writing, including the use of citations, references, bibliographies, and formatting. This material is made available for the sole purpose of studying and learning - misuse is strictly forbidden.1) We recall that a typical CPU has two parts: control unit (known as CU) and arithmetical logic unit (ALU). We can regard it as being the brain of the system.
The CPU has the following functions:
1. Takes the instructions and data from the input device unit(s);
2. Keeps the instructions and data into memory unit;
3. Takes instructions and data from memory unit as and when are required to be for processed;
4. Executes the instructions one by one and sends corresponding signals to relevant unit, after it interprets them;
5. Performs all necessary arithmetical and logical operations in ALU;
6. Controls and dispatches the activities of all other implied units;...
By purchasing this solution you'll be able to access the following files: