I. Answer the following questions and support your answer with enough snapshots and interpretations to show your understanding.
⇨ You need to use Process Explorer utility to answer almost all of these questions. Each question is worth 4 points.
1. How different Windows TaskManager from Process Explorer? Summarize your experience.
2. Show a snapshot of CPU Usage History, showing one graph per CPU? How many CPUs do you have on your machine? Show also memory and I/O utilizations.
3. How can you determine the threads of a particular process, their state, id, and priority? Run Chrome browser and see how many processes and threads are created for just one tab. Show snapshots to support your answer. Comment on the color changes as you open and terminate chrome.
4. Show an example of a parent and child processes.
5. Show how you can determine the total context switches that a process encountered? What is CSwitch Delta?
6. Show how you can determine the Virtual Memory Size of a process, its page faults, and PF Delta?
7. How can you identify the working set of a process? If a process has a working set of 800K, what does that mean? How many pages would a 800K WS have? What is meant by the peak WS?
8. How can you find the path for the process images (e.g. wininit.exe)? What is the path for "MSMPEng.exe"? Explain your observations.
9. Show how you can find what process that a particular popup window belongs to?
10. In Process Explorer, what happens when you suspend a process? Why is it better to suspend a process than to kill it? Give a possible practical example.
Answer: In summary it can be said (after performing the tests for the below questions) that Process Explorer embeds the classical Task Manager, but at the same time it can also be considered an application for the system monitoring. It has more options than Task Manager and it is also more attractive from graphical perspective. Since it has more options, it can be used with more success for troubleshooting PC issues (e.g. slowness, strange behavioral patterns for applications). At the same time, it allows the checking via Virus Total engine and can contribute on performing diagnose operations....
By purchasing this solution you'll be able to access the following files: