Brown and Sons Ltd. are manufacturers of brass beds in New Jersey, and cater to a global clientele. They are computerizing their working environment and hiring Red Sky IT Systems to develop the software to manage customer data. They want Red Sky IT Systems to develop Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software for them, as soon as possible.
You are the project manager for the team that will develop this software. The project cost and effort estimation shows that it will be a profitable project if completed within an effort of 20 persons spread over 2.5 months. All the resources are available because Red Sky IT Systems has developed similar projects for other clients. You have an enthusiastic team of eight members who are experts for this type of management system. The planning phase is in progress and the customer has defined the scope clearly.
Based on the above scenario and your understanding, create a document in Microsoft Word that includes the answers to the following questions:
• What primary life-cycle model would you suggest for this project? Why? What are the reasons for not selecting other primary models?
• What kind of key performance indicators (KPIs) will you, as a project manager, use to track the progress of this project?
• How will you engage your customers throughout the progress of the project to ensure their endorsement and support?
• "A stitch in time saves nine." Do you think this idiom is true for proactive risk management in software development? Why or why not? Comment for or against the importance of proactive risk analysis and management.
This material may consist of step-by-step explanations on how to solve a problem or examples of proper writing, including the use of citations, references, bibliographies, and formatting. This material is made available for the sole purpose of studying and learning - misuse is strictly forbidden.1. What primary life-cycle model would you suggest for this project? Why? What are the reasons for not selecting other primary models?
- Primary life-cycle model : waterfall model
- Reasons to choose waterfall model
• Sets requirements stability
• Good for management control (plan, staff, track)
• All requirements are known upfront for Red Sky IT Systems has developed similar projects for other clients
• The customer has defined the scope clearly.
- Reasons not to choose other models
• I will compare Waterfall Model to Rapid Application Model (RAD)
• RAD reduces cycle time and improved productivity with fewer people, we have enough people and we have enough time to complete the project...