Disk drive 700 Kbytes/s
Magnetic tape drive 200 Kbytes
Line printer 6.6 Kbytes/s
Card Reader 1.2 Kbytes/s
VDT 1 Kbytes/s
Estimate the maximum aggregate I/O transfer rate in this system.
2. Given the following set of events, show which routines the CPU is executing for times 0 to 100 ns. Each handler routine (with its interrupt request) takes 20 ns to complete. The priority of the interrupts ranges from IRQ6 as the highest priority interrupt to IRQ0 as the lowest priority interrupt.
0 ns Start of main program
10 ns IRQ2
25 ns IRQ5
40 ns IRQ6
50 ns IRQ1
0 ns: Start of Main Program
10 ns: IRQ2
3. If an address bus needs to be able to address four devices, how many conductors will be required?
What if each of those devices also needs to be able to talk back to the I/O control device?
4. Define the terms seek time, rotational delay, and transfer time. Explain their relationship.
5. Suppose a disk drive has the following characteristics:
- 5 surfaces
- 512 tracks per surface
- 128 sectors per track
- 1024 bytes per sector
- Track-to-track seek time of 12 milliseconds
- Rotational speed of 1500 RPM
a) What is the capacity of the drive?
b) What is the access time?
This material may consist of step-by-step explanations on how to solve a problem or examples of proper writing, including the use of citations, references, bibliographies, and formatting. This material is made available for the sole purpose of studying and learning - misuse is strictly forbidden.1) The maximum aggregate I/O transfer rate of the system is equal to:
700Kbystes/s + 700 Kbytes/s+ 2* 6.6 Kbytes/s+ 2* 1.2 Kbytes/s+ 10* 1Kbytes/s = 1,400 Kbytes/s+ 13.2 Kbytes/s+ 2.4 Kbytes/s+ 10 Kbytes/s= 1,425.6 Kbytes/s....