• How many earthquakes were over 6.0 throughout the week? How many earthquakes are between 4.5 and 6.0 over the week? Where was the largest earthquake located?
• What country outside the U.S. had the most earthquakes during this time? Provide details.
• Where was the most recent earthquake over 4.5? What magnitude was it? How deep was it? Is this considered shallow, intermediate, or deep? Explain the type of plate boundary it was near. Why are earthquakes common to this area?
• Where was the deepest earthquake during the week? Where was the shallowest? On what type of boundary were these earthquakes?
• Where was the most recent earthquake closest to your location (Rockford, IL)? Include the name of the city and state in which you reside (or country, if outside of the U.S.). Was it associated with a boundary?
• Was there any relationship among the plate boundaries where the largest, most numerous, and deepest earthquakes occurred? Based on your knowledge of earthquakes, is this what you would have expected from that type of boundary(ies)? Explain your answer.
Your responses should demonstrate critical thinking. Provide justification for your analysis. Your paper should also meet the following requirements:
• Be 3 pages in length
• Cite 1-2 outside sources
These solutions may offer step-by-step problem-solving explanations or good writing examples that include modern styles of formatting and construction of bibliographies out of text citations and references. Students may use these solutions for personal skill-building and practice. Unethical use is strictly forbidden.In order to study the world earthquakes for the last week I accessed the United States Geological Survey (USGS) daily earthquake list at 8:18 pm EST on Saturday, November 11. During the week proceeding this date there were a total of 1529 earthquakes worldwide. Of these earthquakes, only two were larger than a magnitude 6.0. One of these was the largest earthquake of the week: a magnitude 7.0 located 118 km southwest of Dadali, in the Solomon Islands. There were also 101 earthquakes during the week that were greater than a magnitude 4.5 but less than a magnitude 6.
Outside of the U.S. there were several countries that had larger numbers of earthquakes. Japan with the country with the single largest number of total earthquakes outside of the U.S. There were 22 earthquakes in and around Japan, although most of these were offshore of the island itself....
By purchasing this solution you'll be able to access the following files: