• It will rain tomorrow.
• Drop a rock in water and it will sink.
• A sunflower seed planted today will bloom tomorrow.
• The sun will rise tomorrow morning.
• In an election, candidate A will be elected.
• If you ask someone who the first U.S. president was, he/she will know.
• You will have two birthdays this year.
• You will be in bed by 9:00 pm.
• Create your own probability continuum with a minimum of eight events
• Be creative
• Include other subject areas and real world events
• List each event in order from impossible (0), possible (between 0 and 1), or certain (1)
• Assign each statement a numerical or fractional answer
This material may consist of step-by-step explanations on how to solve a problem or examples of proper writing, including the use of citations, references, bibliographies, and formatting. This material is made available for the sole purpose of studying and learning - misuse is strictly forbidden.1. It will rain tomorrow.
There is a 50 to 50% of rain on tomorrow. (Possible)
2. Drop a rock in water and it will sink.
When a rock is dropped in water it will eventually sink 100% of the time. (Certain)
3. A sunflower seed planted today will bloom tomorrow.
There is no chance that a sunflower seed planted today will bloom tomorrow. (Impossible)