ARTICLE CRITIQUE:Use “Does Technology Empower Urban Youth? The Relationship of Technology Use and Self-Efficacy” to answer questions 1-10.
1. Is this quantitative research, qualitative research, or both? Briefly justify your answer. (1pts.)
2. Explain the research problem. You can use a direct quote, if properly cited. Make sure you explain what they did and why it is significant.(2pts.)
3. On what page(s)do you find the literature review?(2pt.)
4.What type of sampling did this study use? Briefly justify your answer. (2pts.)
5.To whom can this study be generalized (external validity)? Why? (2pts.)
6.The authors used instruments to measure: 1) “self-efficacy” (p. 187), 2) “communication frequency and multimedia frequency” (p. 187), and 3) “content creation and social networking”(p. 188). Of these three instruments, which ones did the authors create, adapt, and/or use from previous studies? Explain using evidence from the article. (6pts.)
7.What is a potential mortality threat to internal validity in this study? Use a quote from the article as evidence to support your claim and be sure to explain why this evidence/quote supports your claim.(3pts.)
8. What is a potential subject characteristics threat to internal validity in this study? Use a quote from the article as evidence to support your claim and be sure to explain why this evidence/quote supports your claim. (3pts.)
9. The authors state, “The frequency of playing games positively relates to general, mathematics/science, and academic efficacy, and—at a marginally significant level—technological efficacy” (p. 189). Using Table 3,identify what their “statistical” levels of confidence are for each positive relationship as a percentage.(I have provided the answer to “Technological Efficacy” as an example.) (3pts.)
Example/Answer:Technological Efficacy –10% confident there is a positive statistically significant relationship
General Efficacy –(your answer here)
Mathematics/Science –(your answer here)Academic –(your answer here)
10. Also, the authors conclude, “Email in our sample increased all type[s] of efficacy”(p. 192). Similar to your response to item 9, use Table 3 to identify what their “statistical” levels of confidence are for all four (4)positive relationships as a percentage.(4pts.)
Use the course articles in assessment to answer the following questions.
11. What is a concern that Wineburg (2004) and/or Romagnano (2001) would share with the author(s) of the article, “Racial Bias Built into Tests”? Be sure to use direct quotes from the articles to justify your answer.(4 pts.)
12. Based on the test items provided in the Washington Post article, “The brainy questions on Finland’s only high-stakes standardized test,” how well are these tests assessing students’“21stCentury” skills? Use Baker (2014) as a guide to support your answer. (4 pts.)
13. What is an aspect of a nation’s approach to assessment found in the article, “U.S. Tests Teens A Lot,” that compares or contrasts with the information Black and Wiliam (2007)present about the same nation? Use direct quotes from both articles to justify your answer.(4pts).
This material may consist of step-by-step explanations on how to solve a problem or examples of proper writing, including the use of citations, references, bibliographies, and formatting. This material is made available for the sole purpose of studying and learning - misuse is strictly forbidden.
1. The research study of record is qualitative in nature as the information sources have been coded, categorized and quantified to make a meaningful analysis and synthesis as to the impact of technology on the efficacy of urban youth.
2. The research problem is that there is a gap and/or a lack of research as to the impact of technology on the efficacy of urban youth. The goal of meaningful empirical research is to fill in gaps in the literature. The researchers defined “self-efficacy” and assigned attributes to the term and assigned multiple context and/or categories. The metrics of the surveys were ...
This is only a preview of the solution. Please use the purchase button to see the entire solution