Three ready-made files for EV models are already available in Advisor 2002:
Start with the “gm_ev1_in” file that represents the GM EV1.
Answer questions 1 to 3 for all three vehicles (Focus, EV_defaults, and GM-EV1).
1. Obtain and/or derive key input information in this file (available from main screen) including:
Vehicle Cd and
AfMotor-Controller type, base speed, peak torque, peak power, peak efficiency, mass Battery pack voltage and weight
Battery module type and number of modules
Battery OCV and resistance at 50% SOC.
2. Determine base vehicle performance by simulation (push “continue” on main screen to get to simulations page):
0 to 60 mph acceleration time by simulation
Wh/mile energy consumption and range UDDS, HWFET, and US06 schedules
(Hint: energy consumption is negative “energy stored” under “energy use figure”)
(Issue: depending on computer operation system, you might not be able to see this screen. If this problem occurs, try Advisor 2003).
3. Determine effect of overall vehicle parameters such as weight and aerodynamic drag on acceleration, energy consumption performance, and range. You may input different values or do a parametric study using that option.
4. Determine effect of changing battery and motor components. For examples, utilize large and small NiMH and PbA batteries.
5. Use replay to observe operation of the motor controller during a driving cycle by observing how its operational point changes on the torque-speed plot. When is it operating at low and high efficiency?
6. What else can you do with this simulation program to understand electric vehicles? What issues and/or inconsistencies do you have with the software?
This material may consist of step-by-step explanations on how to solve a problem or examples of proper writing, including the use of citations, references, bibliographies, and formatting. This material is made available for the sole purpose of studying and learning - misuse is strictly forbidden.
By purchasing this solution you'll be able to access the following files: