1. Find the areas (precision: 2 decimals) of the following planes.
2. Find the volumes (precision: upto 2 decimals only) of the following 3D solids.
(a) Hollow Cylinder (in m3
) (b) Cone (in ft3
) (c) Pyramid (in cm3
3. Solve for y (ONE significant figure) in the following questions.
(a) x = 2, y = x5
-2 = (b) x = 3, y = (3x2
1/3 = (c) x = 22/3, y = 162/3 / x / 22/3=
(d) x = 1, y = x·log28 = (e) x = 4, y = x·log100.1 = (f) x = 5, y = x·e2
4. Determine the lengths of x and y for (a), (b) and (c), and express cosθ, sinθ, tanθ, secθ,
cscθ, and cotθ with the given letters a, b, and c for (d).
5. State laws of Sines or/and Cosines based on figures (a) and (b) and also solve (c) and (d).
(a) Lawes of Sines and Cosines (b) Law of Cosines
(a) Sector of circle, cm2
(b) Annulus, m2
(c) Sector of an annulus, in2
20 mm 4 cm
5 m. θ=45°
(c) If c =12 m, β = 43°, and α =
59°, find all others (a, b, and γ)
in Prob. (a)
(d) If vector P =10 lbs, vector Q
= 20 lbs, and θ=30°, determine
the resultant force vector, R
(only magnitude) in Prob. (b)
(a) (b) (c) (d)
These solutions may offer step-by-step problem-solving explanations or good writing examples that include modern styles of formatting and construction
of bibliographies out of text citations and references. Students may use these solutions for personal skill-building and practice.
Unethical use is strictly forbidden.