User Inputs - using ActiveX Inputbox:
1. System Mass [kg],
2. System Stiffness [kN/m].
User Selects - using ActiveX Combobox:
1. Initial Displacement [m],
2. Damping Coefficient [Ns/m],
3. Number of Cycles.
Programme will first return the following:
1. Natural Frequency of the system [rad/sec],
2. Critical Damping Coefficient for the system [Ns/m],
3. Damping Ratio for the selected damping coefficient,
4. Log Decrement for the selected damping coefficient,
5. Amplitude after two cycles for the selected damping coefficient [m].
Programme will calculate and store:
1. A range of damping coefficients [Ns/m] that are less than but approach the critical damping coefficient for the system until amplitude falls away to zero,
2. Amplitude for each cycle, up the number selected, of the damped vibration for these damping coefficient values.
Programme will calculate and display the following graphs
1. Plot amplitude against damping coefficient after two cycles for the range of damping coefficients
2. Plot frequency of the system against the range of damping coefficients
3. Plot the amplitude against the number of cycles until amplitude is zero.
Programme will also set range of allowable inputs and check that inputs are within this range, if not return an error message.
These solutions may offer step-by-step problem-solving explanations or good writing examples that include modern styles of formatting and construction of bibliographies out of text citations and references. Students may use these solutions for personal skill-building and practice. Unethical use is strictly forbidden.Dim Natural_Frequency As Single, Critical_Damping_Coefficient As Single
Dim Damping_Ratio As Single, LogDecrement As Single, Amp2 As Single
Natural_Frequency = Sqr(Worksheets("Step1").Cells(3, 2).Value * 1000 / Worksheets("Step1").Cells(3, 1).Value)
Critical_Damping_Coefficient = 2 * Sqr(Worksheets("Step1").Cells(3, 2).Value * 1000 * Worksheets("Step1").Cells(3, 1).Value)
Damping_Ratio = Worksheets("Step1").Cells(3, 4).Value / Critical_Damping_Coefficient
Cells(5, 2) = Natural_Frequency
Cells(6, 2) = Critical_Damping_Coefficient
Cells(7, 2) = Damping...
By purchasing this solution you'll be able to access the following files:
Solution.xlsx and Solution.docx.