Your assignment is to watch the The Zoot Suit Riots video and write out some feedback (no citations needed) to the four questions listed below. The goal is for students to connect the unit's written lessons with visual depictions of these stories. To earn their full credit, please write somewhere between 100-150 words, per question, and answer all the question's parts. The instructor may deduct points for repeated instances of unclear (non-college) writing.
1. What was this movie about? How did it relate to other material in this module? Did you know about this topic prior to learning about it in HIST 145?
2. What are the two most memorable things you took from this movie? What would you tell someone (positive things, please) about this topic had they zero knowledge and wanted to learn?
3. In what ways did seeing the movie's events help you to better understand the stories laid out in the lecture and textbook?
4. What was your overall impression of this period? Who/What do you see as the most significant episode that scholars and filmmakers should continue to document?
This material may consist of step-by-step explanations on how to solve a problem or examples of proper writing, including the use of citations, references, bibliographies, and formatting. This material is made available for the sole purpose of studying and learning - misuse is strictly forbidden.
1. The video is a documentary that recounted the origins of the 1943 Zoot Suit Riots in Los Angles, California. The riots were a byproduct of growing racial tensions in California and in the national as a whole. The Mexican-American youth, of the time, were rebelling from their conservative culture by wearing outlandish clothes. The women would wear shorter skirts and the men would wear the zoot suit. The suit consisted of an extra-long coat and wide balloon like pants that tapered at the cuff. The outfit was distinctive and...
This is only a preview of the solution. Please use the purchase button to see the entire solution