For each item, fill in the missing term or terms.
1 Spain was driven from the Philippines in 1898 as Commodore George Dewey sailed into _____ Bay to destroy the Spanish fleet.
2. For the Safavid Dynasty of Persia, the world shah referred to a _____.
3. In a time of postwar anxiety, Freud's division of the mind into ego, _____ and _____, challenged the assumption that humans are, ideally, rational actors unencumbered by unconscious motivations.
4. Amerigo _____ a Florentine navigator, was the first person to identify America as a continent separate from Asia.
5. Fascism became dominant in Italy under the rule of _____.
6. _____ Marx established the foundations of modern socialism and The _____ Manifesto became the bible of socialism.
7. _____ in architecture, art, and music arose after World War I and rebelled against traditional forms and conventions of the past.
8. In his book, The Spirit of the _____, Montesquieu argued in favor of a separation of _____ as a key to just and efficient government and challenging tyranny.
9. The Reagan administration was outraged by the establishment of a Sandinista government in _____ and in response funded a count-revolutionary force called the _____.
10. In 1793 and into 1794, Robespierre’s Committee of Public _____ initiated the Reign of _____.
Respond to each of the following in no more than three complete sentences.
1. What was the Balfour Declaration? What seems to have been its likely intent?
2. In the era of the new imperialism, what was the importance of palm oil? What was it used for?
3. In Qing China, what were banners?
4. How did OPEC respond to the Arab-Israeli War of 1973?
5. What is mercantilism?
6. With respect to globalization and its attendant problem, what vital question was raised by Jared Diamond?
7. What was the role of James Watt with respect to the Newcomen engine?
8. What Egyptian president visited Israel in 1997? What was the outcome of that visit?
9. What part of Africa was occupied by people called Swahili? And why does the meaning of the word Swahili give us a clue?
10. In Latin America, what were hacienda?
Respond to each item in a complete, concise paragraph.
1. Who were the philosophes? What was their impact on Enlightenment thought?
2. Outline the key events of the Civil Rights movement in the United States.
3. In simplest terms, contrast Charles Darwin’s theory of natural selection and Herbert Spencer’s Social Darwinism.
This material may consist of step-by-step explanations on how to solve a problem or examples of proper writing, including the use of citations, references, bibliographies, and formatting. This material is made available for the sole purpose of studying and learning - misuse is strictly forbidden.
1 Spain was driven from the Philippines in 1898 as Commodore George Dewey sailed into Manila Bay to destroy the Spanish fleet.
2. For the Safavid Dynasty of Persia, the world shah referred to a king.
3. In a time of postwar anxiety, Freud's division of the mind into ego, id and super-ego, challenged the assumption that humans are, ideally, rational actors unencumbered by unconscious motivations....
This is only a preview of the solution. Please use the purchase button to see the entire solution