For each item, fill in the missing term or terms.
1. The _______ Act required King _______ I to convene Parliament every three years.
2. Trouser-wearing members of a revolutionary uprising of the French working class were called the _______.
3. Three laws of planetary motion developed by Johannes _______ advanced the science of _______.
4. In England, _______ housed totally destitute people at public expense and resembled the conditions of the first _______.
5. With the growth of Spanish colonies in the New World, _______ and _______ merchants became important players in the Atlantic slave trade.
6. The invention of the _______ gave Europe an immense military advantage.
7. The Peace of _______ ended the War of Spanish Succession in the early 1700s.
8. After 1815, the quest for national self-determination posed a grave threat to the _______ Empire with its many and potentially dissatisfied nationalities.
9. Japanese warlords were called _______, while those who were allowed to carry swords were called _______.
10. _______, or laying high taxes on imported goods, was one way the European government supported and aided its own economy during industrialization.
Part 2: Respond to each of the following with one, but no more than three complete sentences.
1. What liberal principles were asserted when the Declaration of the Rights of Man and of the Citizen was declared by the National Assembly in August 1789?
2. What was Francis Bacon’s contribution to the scientific revolution?
3. Who was William Cockerill?
4. Throughout the seventeenth century, what was the relationship between Hungary and the Habsburg Empire?
5. What was the Zollverein?
6. What was the Middle Passage during the transatlantic slave trade?
7. What was a caravel?
8. What effect did the boom in the demand for rubber have on Africa’s European colonies?
9. With respect to slavery, how did the Mughal Empire differ from the Safavid and Ottoman Empires?
10. What was the role of civil service examinations in Ming China?
Part 3: Respond to each item in a complete, concise paragraph.
1. Briefly discuss the nature and history of the Puritan Protectorate.
2. Discuss the ways non-Muslims were treated in the Islamic world.
3. Describe daily life and consumption in eighteenth century Europe during the Enlightenment and how it affected modern Western life.
This material may consist of step-by-step explanations on how to solve a problem or examples of proper writing, including the use of citations, references, bibliographies, and formatting. This material is made available for the sole purpose of studying and learning - misuse is strictly forbidden.
1. The Declaration of the Rights of Man and of the Citizen asserted the principles of human rights and individualism mostly influenced by the political philosophy of Enlightenment. In addition it asserted the principles of sovereignty of the citizens. The declaration is based on the secular and not religious natural laws....
This is only a preview of the solution. Please use the purchase button to see the entire solution