1. What are some reasons probationers are required to participate in community service? Do you feel that this should be required, why or why not?
2. Should there be restrictions on who could be granted probation? Why or why not? How would you determine it?
3. What is "excessive bail"? Should there be a limit on the bail charge?
4. What are the criticisms of PSI reports?
5. Discuss the importance of the victim impact statement. How important is it? How much consideration should a judge give to the wishes of the victims?
For this assignment you will research What is the most common sentence and crime in the United States? And then select 3 other countries and find what is the most common sentence and crime is. Then provide a summary as to why you think these are common in these countries.
The paper should be at least 2 pages, include at least 3 references and adhere to APA guidelines.
These solutions may offer step-by-step problem-solving explanations or good writing examples that include modern styles of formatting and construction of bibliographies out of text citations and references. Students may use these solutions for personal skill-building and practice. Unethical use is strictly forbidden.1. What are some reasons probationers are required to participate in community service? Do you feel that this should be required, why or why not?
First, community service is a form of sentence accorded by the court to probationers, and should, therefore, be followed. Community service is, therefore, statutory sentencing and serves the purposes of rehabilitation and integration (United States (US) Courts, 2014). Probation through community service acts as a correctional strategy for the probationers.
Second, participation in the community service allows probationers to act as a deterrence to crimes. Under community service, the probation officer keeps a record on the condition and the conduct
Most Common Sentence and Crime
What are the most common sentence and crimes in the United States?
Crimes in the United States are classified as violent crimes, property crimes, and nonviolent crimes. Specifically, the crimes include drug trafficking, immigration, crimes against persons, child pornography to civil rights and gambling. The common crime in the US is under the property crime category. According to the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), there were more than 7.2 million criminal offenses in the US reported in 2018 compared to 1.2 million...
By purchasing this solution you'll be able to access the following files:
Solution1.docx and Solution2.docx.