1. List 5 stereotypes for men and for women. How many of these stereotypes are positive and how many are negative? Are there any that contradictory? Think of examples of public figures, both male and female, that challenge these stereotypes. How are they presented by the media?
2. Do you think self-fulfilling prophecies are more likely to occur in younger grades or in older grades? Why? What factors increase the likelihood of a self-fulfilling prophecy in schools? What factors decrease the likelihood? What can students do to reduce the likelihood that teachers create negative self-fulfilling prophecies?
3. If you did poorly on an exam, what might you do to boost your self-regard? Consider examples of downward and upward social comparison, when one would use each, and the self-serving bias
4. Who is more likely to use self-enhancing strategies, someone with low self-esteem or someone with high self-esteem? Why?
5. What specific tactics are likely to be used by an individual with high self-esteem compared to someone with low self-esteem?
Complete the following exercise. Please remember to use proper grammar an incorporate concepts learned from your text.
Other than nursing homes, please identify three situations in which individuals often suffer from a lack of control:
For each of these three situations, describe the best way you could help the target individuals feel a greater sense of control in that situation:
This material may consist of step-by-step explanations on how to solve a problem or examples of proper writing, including the use of citations, references, bibliographies, and formatting. This material is made available for the sole purpose of studying and learning - misuse is strictly forbidden.Questions and Answers
Gender stereotypes exist between men and women. Examples include judges, overweight, warmer, and more communal, nurturing, and whiney. Nurturing, warmer, and being communal are positive stereotypes, while whiney, being judgemental, and overweight are negative stereotypes. The stereotypes can be contradictory, depending on when they are applied. For example, women are considered to be more nurturing, warmer, and being communal than men. However, this raises the question of whether men are not nurturing when raising their children. Both the male and female figures use selfies intending to challenge public stereotypes (Jarreau et al., 2019). Also, public figures use social media to provide awareness of the harmful effects of gender stereotyping....