2. In your opinion, who should pay for the expenses of certification? Under what circumstances would your answer be different? Why?
3. What is the difference between authentication and authorization? Can a system permit authorization without authentication? Why or why not?
4. What is the most effective biometric authorization technology? Why? If you were implementing a biometric authorization system, which would you choose and why?
1. Using the Net, search for three (3) different hiring and termination policies. Review each carefully and look for inconsistencies. Does each have a section addressing the requirement for information security? What clauses should a termination policy contain to prevent disclosure of the organizations information? Create your own variant of either a hiring or termination policy. Provide the links to the policies you reviewed.
2. Search the Net for vendors of biometric products. Find one vendor with a product designed to examine each characteristic mentioned in Fig. 12-4 (page 530) of your text. What is the cross-over error rate (CER) associated with each product. Which would be more acceptable to users? Which would be preferred by security administrators.
Must be answered in at least 1.5 pages and must demonstrate critical thinking.
Remember to include reliable sources (properly cited and listed in a reference section) to support your opinions and statements of "fact." These sources can include the textbook and peer-reviewed references. Refer to APA rules to ensure accuracy of citations and reference lists.
This material may consist of step-by-step explanations on how to solve a problem or examples of proper writing, including the use of citations, references, bibliographies, and formatting. This material is made available for the sole purpose of studying and learning - misuse is strictly forbidden.Information Security
The primary hiring policies are offers, temporary employees, and work eligibility. Under the offers, the company shares the payment recommendations to the new candidate, and the human resource department prepares and provides a letter of hiring (Dulaney, 2011). After acceptance, HR gives a confirmation letter. Work eligibility allows the recruit to present all the work-related documents to HR within three days of employment. Temporary employees' policy is where the employees are contracted temporarily.
Termination policies include payments in lieu of
Management of Information Security
1. What are the critical actions that management must consider taking when dismissing an employee? Do these issues change based on whether the departure is friendly or hostile?
When an employee is being dismissed from the workplace, the management should ensure the laid down protocol is followed. The first step is to ensure that the person no longer has access to the company's information system of the company (Whiteman & Mattord, 2013). The chief information security officer should disable the staff's access to the system. Second, ensure all the electronics, including laptops, tablets, and other...