In other words, what are the opposing forces for each conflict and how is each conflict played out in the play?
1) Individual rights versus laws of the state
2) Family loyalty versus community loyalty
3) Action versus inaction
4) Divine law versus human law
5) Male power versus female willpower.
This material may consist of step-by-step explanations on how to solve a problem or examples of proper writing, including the use of citations, references, bibliographies, and formatting. This material is made available for the sole purpose of studying and learning - misuse is strictly forbidden.Discussion Questions on Sophocles’ Antigone
1) Individual rights versus laws of the state;
Creon, the king, says Antigone is not allowed to bury the body of Polynice, but Antigone feels it is her right to provide a proper burial for her dead brother. Sometimes what is against the law is not necessarily immoral. Antigone just wants to do her job....