1. Find the derivative of the following functions:
y=arctan Itz 1
2. Prove that the function
f(x) = 0.
is differentiable at I = 0 and find f'(0).
3. Suppose that f is continuous at I = 0. Prove that g(z) = xf(x) is differentiable
4. Suppose that the function f is defined on a, b] and that it is both left differentiable
and right differentiable at CE (a,b). Prove that f is continuous at I = C.
5. Suppose that f and g are defined on R and that f is differentiable at I = q, but
g is not. Prove or disprove: f + g is not differentiable at I = q.
6. Let f be a function defined on R and suppose there exists M > 0 such that, for
any I. y R, If(x) - f(y)| < M/I - Prove that f is a constant function.
7. Suppose that f is differentiable at I = q, and let n € N. Find the limit
8. Find the derivative of f(x) = log, 2.
These solutions may offer step-by-step problem-solving explanations or good writing examples that include modern styles of formatting and construction
of bibliographies out of text citations and references. Students may use these solutions for personal skill-building and practice.
Unethical use is strictly forbidden.