a. Seattle's sales were % larger than Portland's.
b. Portland sales were % smaller than Seattle's.
c. Portland sales were % of Seattle's.
Give answers accurate to at least one decimal place.
2. A store has clearance items that have been marked down by 20%. They are having a sale, advertising an additional 50% off clearance items. What percent of the original price do you end up paying?
3. A friend has a 79% average before the final exam for a course. That score includes everything but the final, which counts for 30% of the course grade.
a)What is the best course grade your friend can earn? %
b)What is the minimum score would your friend would need on the final to earn a 75% for the course?
c)Give answers accurate to at least one decimal place.
4. Sound travels about 750 miles per hour. If you stand in a canyon and sound a horn, you will hear an echo. Suppose it takes about 1.5 seconds to hear the echo. How far away is the canyon wall, in feet? Now let's generalize that result. Suppose it takes n seconds to hear the echo. How far away is the canyon wall, in terms of n?
5. You read online that a 15 ft by 20 ft brick patio would cost about $2,275 to have professionally installed. Estimate the cost of having a 23 by 25 ft brick patio installed.
6. The grocery store has bulk pecans on sale, which is great since you're planning on making 5 pecan pies for a wedding. How many pounds of pecans should you buy? First, determine what information you need to answer this question. You will need to buy pounds of pecans. Give your answer accurate to at least one decimal place.
7. How much should you invest at 2.3% simple interest in order to earn $90 interest in 12 months?
8. You deposit $4000 each year into an account earning 2% interest compounded annually. How much will you have in the account in 25 years?
9. Suppose you want to have $800,000 for retirement in 35 years. Your account earns 4% interest.
a) How much would you need to deposit in the account each month?
b) How much interest will you earn?
10. You have $300,000 saved for retirement. Your account earns 9% interest. How much will you be able to pull out each month, if you want to be able to take withdrawals for 15 years?
By purchasing this solution you'll be able to access the following files: