1. The following distribution is not a probability distribution because
X 2 3 0 1 3
P(X) 0.- 20 0.27 0.15 0.47 0.31
A) values of the variable are negative. C) the probability values do not
add to 1.
B) a probability is negative. D) the probability values are not
Note: Properties of Probability Distribution
The sum of all probabilities = 1
0<P(x) < 1 (A probability must be less than one and ne negative)
2. Find the mean and the standard deviation of the distribution shown
X 2 3 4
P(X) 0.38 0.44 0.18
3. Find the mean and the standard deviation for the values of n and p when
the conditions for the binomial distribution are met:
n = 700, p = 0.25
4. A coin is tossed 8 times. What is the probability of getting exactly 4
These solutions may offer step-by-step problem-solving explanations or good writing examples that include modern styles of formatting and construction
of bibliographies out of text citations and references. Students may use these solutions for personal skill-building and practice.
Unethical use is strictly forbidden.
1. b.probability is negative...