1. Given the following payoff matrix which represents a game with no pure strategy equilibrium (best-response payoffs are shown in red), find the mixed strategy equilibrium.
Up 10, 2 4, 9
Down 1,7 8, 5
Solving this means finding probabilities that are best responses to each other.
2. Write your stunt number
3. Make up a 2x2 game in strategic form with no pure strategy equilibrium by using the lowest digit in your student number as the payoff Row gets at (Up, Left) and the highest digit the payoff that column gets at (Up, Left). You must also use three other digits from your student number.
4. Find the mixed strategy equilibrium for your game algebraically.
5. Provide a graphical demonstration of your solution.
This material may consist of step-by-step explanations on how to solve a problem or examples of proper writing, including the use of citations, references, bibliographies, and formatting. This material is made available for the sole purpose of studying and learning - misuse is strictly forbidden.
1. Let p be the probability that the Row player will play “Up” while q be the probability that the column player will play “Left”.
Then the mixed strategy values for p and q happens when
This is only a preview of the solution. Please use the purchase button to see the entire solution