- This assignment assumes that you have a basic knowledge of Microsoft Excel and have the software installed on your computer.
- You will need to download the data file (See Question.xlsx).
- The report must be professionally written. All graphs must be accompanied by explanations in a paragraph that follows them. All captions and labels must be meaningful.
Pelican Stores Case
Pelican Stores, a division of National Clothing, is a chain of women’s apparel stores operating throughout the country. The chain recently ran a promotion in which discountn coupons were sent to customers of other National Clothing stores. Data collected for a sample of 80 in-store credit card transactions at Pelican Stores during one day while the promotion was running are contained in the file named PelicanStores.
The Proprietary Card method of payment refers to charges made using a National Clothing charge card. Customers who made a purchase using a discount coupon are referred to as promotional customers and customers who made a purchase but did not use a discount coupon are referred to as regular customers. Because the promotional coupons were not sent to regular Pelican Stores customers, management considers the sales made to people presenting the promotional coupons as sales it would not otherwise make. Of course, Pelican also hopes that the promotional customers will continue to shop at its stores. Most of the variables shown the data are self-explanatory, but two of the variables require some clarification.
Items: The total number of items purchased
Net Sales: The total amount ($) charged to the credit card
Pelican’s management would like to use this sample data to learn about its customer base and to evaluate the promotion involving discount coupons.
1. Develop the Percent frequency distribution for key variables. Comment on your findings.
2. Develop a bar chart showing the number of customer purchases attributable to the method of
payment. Comment on your findings.
3. Develop a crosstabulation of type of customer (regular or promotional) versus net sales. Comment on
any similarities or differences present.
4. Compute descriptive statistics (mean, median, standard deviation, min, max, and range) on net sales
and descriptive statistics on net sales by various classifications of customers. Comment on your findings.
5. Compute descriptive statistics concerning the relationship between age and net sales. Comment on
6. Develop a scatter diagram to explore the relationship between net sales and customer age.
Comment on your findings.
7. What is your opinion on the effectiveness of the promotion involving discount coupons?
This material may consist of step-by-step explanations on how to solve a problem or examples of proper writing, including the use of citations, references, bibliographies, and formatting. This material is made available for the sole purpose of studying and learning - misuse is strictly forbidden.
This is only a preview of the solution. Please use the purchase button to see the entire solution