1. If the exam has a mean of μ = 80 and Terry has a score of X = 87, and a z-score of = 1.17, what is the σ for the exam? Show your work.
2. For a population with μ = 48 and σ = 3, find z for each of the following and show your work. Also, indicate whether each score is central to the distribution or whether it is an extreme score.
A. X = 47
B. X = 53
C. X = 41
D. X = 50
E. X = 58
3. For a population with μ = 44 and σ = 7, find X for each of the following and show your work.
A. z = .4
B. z = -.7
C. z = 2.75
D. z = -1.37
E. z = -3.71
4. For the original population data given below:
67, 74, 60, 64, 70, 81, 53
A. Using SPSS, find the mean and standard deviation for this data.
B. Using SPSS, transform the distribution into a distribution with a mean of 50 and a standard deviation of 5. Remember to print out and submit your data file as well as your output.
5. For each of the following, select whether σ = 4 or σ = 13 would give the student in question a better grade. Explain each answer.
A. Dan has X= 70, and the μ for the class is 80.
B. Jill has X = 70, and the μ for the class is 65.
C. Lily has X = 70, and the μ for the class is 70.
This material may consist of step-by-step explanations on how to solve a problem or examples of proper writing, including the use of citations, references, bibliographies, and formatting. This material is made available for the sole purpose of studying and learning - misuse is strictly forbidden.
This is only a preview of the solution. Please use the purchase button to see the entire solution