1. Skippy has a total of $8,000 to split between two investments. One account offers 3 percent simple interest, and the other account offers 6 percent simple interest. For tax reasons, he can only earn $400 in interest the entire year. How much money should Skippy invest in each account to earn $400 in interest for the year?
2. Solve the system of linear equations, 3x + 8y = 10 and x − y = 4.
3. Solve the system of linear equations, x − 2y = 9 and x = 3.
4. Find the quadratic equation passing through the points (−1, −2), (−2, −1), and (0, −1).
5. A 8 percent salt solution is to be mixed with pure water to produce 40 gallons of a 1 percent salt solution. How much or each are needed?
This material may consist of step-by-step explanations on how to solve a problem or examples of proper writing, including the use of citations, references, bibliographies, and formatting. This material is made available for the sole purpose of studying and learning - misuse is strictly forbidden.
This is only a preview of the solution. Please use the purchase button to see the entire solution