Data visualization is a great way to support fact-based storytelling. For Assignment 3, your goal will be to pick a current news story (within the previous 12 months) and create an interactive data visualization to support that story. The choice is yours, but you will need to source the data. That will be the tricky part.
Open or Public Data
Assignment 3 must be based on open or public data. Ensure you include the right attribution.
● Work through Andy Kirk’s Visual Design Process described in Module 1 in order to produce an insightful visualization of the story and data you selected.
● Your design must include interactive elements.
● You are restricted to a one-screen visualization. This may include multiple plots or a dashboard layout.
● This assignment will be about showcasing your data visualization capabilities publically. Therefore, your assignment submission must be hosted online (see RPubs or Cloud Hosting)
● Your visualization must link to the source story and data source.
RPubs or Cloud Hosting
You will need to host your interactive visualization (s) on the web. Use RPubs for Markdown and Shinyapps for Shiny. The goal is to make your work shareable with the editor and easy to include in your ePortfolio.
These solutions may offer step-by-step problem-solving explanations or good writing examples that include modern styles of formatting and construction of bibliographies out of text citations and references. Students may use these solutions for personal skill-building and practice. Unethical use is strictly forbidden.
By purchasing this solution you'll be able to access the following files:
Solution1.pdf and Solution2.csv.