Where reporting findings, use full sentences that reference the research and the relevant variables as well as including appropriate values from the output. You must report results appropriately to get full credit.
A researcher is interested in eating contests. She put together observes four different eating contests; two with hot dogs and two with sausages. In each case, she looked at whether the food contained buns or not.
• Hot dogs with no buns
• Hot dogs with buns
• Sausages with no buns
• Sausages with buns
Participants have fifteen minutes to eat as many as possible. She is interested in the following questions:
• Is there a difference in how many hot dogs vs. how many sausages can be eaten?
• Among hot dogs, does bun vs. no bun make a difference?
• Among sausages, does bun vs. no bun make a difference?
The dataset EatingContest.sav contains the data for 54 participants in each eating contest. Please answer the following questions based on the research described above. Be sure to answer in full sentences, include appropriate statistics – including effect sizes - and graphs.
1. Create a box-plot for the entire sample, and a grouped box-plot splitting the sample by type of food. Is there anything about the box-plots that concerns you? Why or why not?
2. Run a one-way ANOVA on the data, including contrasts for the three questions that the researcher is interested in. Is it appropriate to assume equal variances for the groups? Why or why not?
3. Does the type have an overall effect on amount eaten?
4. Is there a difference in amount eaten based on whether the food is hot dog or sausage?
5. Is there a difference in amount eaten based on whether a a hot dog has a bun or not?
These solutions may offer step-by-step problem-solving explanations or good writing examples that include modern styles of formatting and construction of bibliographies out of text citations and references. Students may use these solutions for personal skill-building and practice. Unethical use is strictly forbidden.
By purchasing this solution you'll be able to access the following files:
Solution.spv and Solution.docx.