Write an academic research paper on a topic related to engineering ethics. Your paper should explore the arguments surrounding an ethical issue of your choosing. Overall your paper should:
• identify the ethical issue (background, principal issues)
• take a position and provide support for the position
• discuss existing and future solutions for addressing negative consequences
Forms of support may include the following:
• historical evidence
• quantitative evidence
• existing research on the topic
• discussion of the underlying ethical principles that inform the argument (virtue, utility, justice, rights) – applying a theoretical framework to your discussion is recommended
• discussion of the professional code of ethics applicable to the subject
Macroethics Issues in Engineering
Choose any broad ethical issue in your field, most likely how about an emerging technology (e.g. nanotechnology) or effects from existing technologies have had social, economic and environmental effects.
Ethics Paper Presentation
You will present a short talk to the class based on your ethics paper. Provide the main arguments that are involved in the ethical issue that you have explored in your paper along with the evidence that supports them. Also tell us where you weigh in (your position) and why, and discuss the existing and future solutions for addressing the negative effects of the issue.
Prepare and deliver a 5-6 minute talk on the subject of your ethics article. You should gear your presentation to a general audience and use PPT or other visual aids as necessary.
These solutions may offer step-by-step problem-solving explanations or good writing examples that include modern styles of formatting and construction of bibliographies out of text citations and references. Students may use these solutions for personal skill-building and practice. Unethical use is strictly forbidden.
By purchasing this solution you'll be able to access the following files:
Solution.docx and Solution.pptx.