1. A fan blade, initially at rest, rotates with a constant acceleration of 0.025 radians/s/s.
What is its final rotational velocity at the instant it goes through an rotational
displacement of 4.2 radians?
a. 0.025 rad/s
b. 0.11 rad/s
c. 0.46 rad/s
d. 1.2 rad/s
2. A ventilation fan has blades 0.25 m in radius rotating at 20 radians/s. What is the
tangent speed (or velocity) of each blade tip?
a. 0.02 m/s
b. 0.52 m/s
c. 5.0 m/s
d. 20 m/s
3. The distance from the center of a Ferris wheel to a passenger seat is 12 m. What
centripetal acceleration does a passenger experience when the wheel rotational speed
(velocity) is 0.5 radians/s ?
a. 16.9 m/s/s
b. 9.0 m/s/s
c. 3.0 m/s/s
d. 6.0 m/s/s
4. Which of the following properties best describes the property of the period of orbital
revolution for an Earth satellite?
a. Greater when the orbital radius is smaller
b. Greater when the orbital radius is larger
c. Independent of the orbital radius
d. Determined mainly by the satellite's mass
5. Consider two planets that gravitationally attract each other. If the mass of one of
them is stays the same and the mass of the other is doubled and the distance between
them is doubled, then the force between them changes by what factor ? (Hint
Consider Newton's Law of gravity)
Half as much
These solutions may offer step-by-step problem-solving explanations or good writing examples that include modern styles of formatting and construction
of bibliographies out of text citations and references. Students may use these solutions for personal skill-building and practice.
Unethical use is strictly forbidden.