Jessie’s childhood and adolescence were lived in the presence of major environmental and personal stressors. She was one of the rare exceptions in her community who survived these stressors with health and dreams intact. The purpose of this assignment is to learn concepts that help explain her survival.
ASSIGNMENT: In 4-6 pages of double spaced, typewritten text respond to the following issues:
1) (5 points) A “protective factor” is any routine, condition, or relationship which is able to protect or cushion a person from high risk situations where he/she is likely to be injured and/or seriously stressed. In Jessie’s situation give examples of protective factors that shielded her from the high-risk dangers in her environment.
2) (5 points) Jessie grew up with dreams and ambitions of positive possibilities for her life. What do you think enabled her to hang on to those dreams, and not lose them as so many of her peers did?
3) (5 points) Another issue in dealing with stress is personality characteristics. After reviewing Jessie’s narrative consider what kind of person is she? What do you see as personality strengths that contributed to her long-term survival?
4) (5 points) In surviving stress with health intact social support can also play an important role. Give examples of how Jessie made use of social support in her efforts to cope with stress.
5) (5 points) Give examples of coping strategies used by Jessie in dealing with stressful situations. Do you see examples of emotion-focused coping or problem-focused coping?
This material may consist of step-by-step explanations on how to solve a problem or examples of proper writing, including the use of citations, references, bibliographies, and formatting. This material is made available for the sole purpose of studying and learning - misuse is strictly forbidden.
1) A “protective factor” is any routine, condition, or relationship which is able to protect or cushion a person from high risk situations where he/she is likely to be injured and/or seriously stressed. In Jessie’s situation give examples of protective factors that shielded her from the high-risk dangers in her environment
Jessie grew up in an environment where she was not safe and was in high dangers. Her mother and father always stood by her and protected her from tough situations. Her teachers and friends trusted and supported her. This trust and support encouraged her to fight the bad, tensed situations and resolve conflicts. From her childhood, Jessie’s was a fighter. She had to face many tough situations and these made her tough, mentally strong and responsible. Her mom and dad saw some tough times in their childhood and life. They shielded her from the high-risk dangers in her environment....
This is only a preview of the solution. Please use the purchase button to see the entire solution