Complete the Unit 3 Assignment 2. The Reasons for Inappropriate Behavior.
In a 5- to 8-page paper, discuss the target behavior you identified in the Unit 1 Discussion (Discussion topic 1) and address the following:
1. Briefly discuss the operational definition of your target behavior and whether you would like to increase or decrease the frequency of this behavior.
2. What is maintaining the target behavior excess or deficit you identified? Can you think of anything that motivates you to either not engage in or to increase the frequency of the target behavior?
3. How do you think the target behavior was initially learned (i.e., operant versus respondent conditioning)? Please support your choice with references and additional literature.
4. What are your current ideas for modifying the behavior? How do you plan to increase a behavioral deficit or decrease a behavioral excess? Considering the target behavior identified, what type of ethical issues might arise that you should consider?
5. Provide a realistic assessment of how effective you think you will be when attempting to modify the target behavior. Be sure to address the overall frequency and severity of the behavior.
Assignments must use an essay format, 12-point font, and double spacing. APA format and citations are required.
The paper should:
Follow Assignment directions (review grading rubric for best results).
Use correct APA formatting per the APA Publication Manual, 6th ed.
Demonstrate college-level communication through the composition of original materials in Standard American English.
Be written in Standard American English and be clear, specific, and error-free. If needed, be sure to use the University Writing Center for help.
Your paper should include:
Main Body of the paper (5- to 8-pages) Reference Page
Submitting Your Assignment
Put your Assignment in a Word document. Save it in a location that you will remember. Use your full name and the class number. When you are ready to submit it, click on the Dropbox.
Make sure that you save a copy of your submitted Assignment.
The purpose of this paper is to discuss reasons for inappropriate behavior that I currently portray, which is perfectionism. It is related that perseverative thinking, poor emotional regulation, and repetitive negative thinking are contributing vastly towards the sustenance of this problematic behavior. The paper has also demonstrated that I first learned the behavior through respondent conditioning. Nevertheless, I am determined to get over the problem by applying a self-initiated cognitive-behavioral intervention. However, I feel that administering the strategy brings several ethical dilemmas to the fore including lack of consistency and honesty. Therefore, I think that the intervention method might not bear the anticipated results. Thus, I need an external control mechanism for me to alleviate or reduce the excessive perfectionism.
Unit 3 Assignment 2
The operational definition of target behavior and whether I am intending to increase or decrease the frequency at which the tendency occurs
The tendency for which I am intending to intervene for is perfectionism. The operational definition of perfectionism as a behavior is the tendency of expecting oneself and others to engage in a specified conduct without a room for errors and in a way that produces outcomes that go well beyond the normal standards. To place this operational definition into context, it is pertinent to generate a case study. I regularly cross with other people because I tend to...
By purchasing this solution you'll be able to access the following files: