You will write a short proposal.
The topic is to learn more about a different culture or subculture.This project embraces Universal Design, the idea that students can demonstrate their learning in a variety of ways and are more engaged if they choose how the material is presented. The core of the project is that you will learn more about a culture or subculture that intrigues you and present it to me in the format that resonates the most with you as a student, along with incorporating a few course terms.
• Conduct research online about a culture or subculture through watching a Frontline video and report on what you learned
• Visit a skate park and observe others skating and develop what you think the norms are from observation, possibly using pictures
• If you like to cook, you might do some research on the culinary history of a culture you choose and learn to make a dish. (For this one, you’d have to take pictures of you and your product and explain what you learned about the cooking norms in the culture, as well as relate it to material culture.)
• Write a song or create something that relates to a culture or subculture you belong to.
What your project must contain:
• You must define and discuss at least two related terms from the culture chapter. For example, if you learn about South African culture, you would likely want to define and discuss what norms, values, material culture, etc. are. It might be that you find something in the culture or subculture you are learning about surprising so you might want to include ethnocentrism or culture shock as your terms. You will be illustrating that you understand the ideas from the class.
• You will conduct research through interviewing, watching a documentary, observation, etc. to learn more about the culture or subculture you chose.
• You will create a product: a paper, a presentation, a creative work like a song, etc.
• There are many different ways you could present this topic to me. You could write a paper similar to your first paper, create a PowerPoint, create a video and post it on Youtube with a link, etc. The key is that you choose what works for you. That said, you have to make sure that I can access the material that you create.
• You will include citations for any outside sources you used.
This material may consist of step-by-step explanations on how to solve a problem or examples of proper writing, including the use of citations, references, bibliographies, and formatting. This material is made available for the sole purpose of studying and learning - misuse is strictly forbidden.Each group in the world, even though some might appear in the same category, are entirely different. The inability of people to understand these differences is deleterious as it might lead to the prevalence of diminishing stereotypes. Similarly, misrepresenting any group is likely to lead to problematic coexistence outcomes including racial wars. This, therefore, brings to the fore the need for one to carry out extensive research from a diverse set of credible sources that inform about the various dynamics of a given culture. This paper reports on findings of the Latin American culture. The focal point is on one aspect of the culture, namely, material culture. According to Ferris and Stein, material culture refers to any physical object to which an individual or a community provide social meaning (78). Ferris and Stein (78) point out that material culture is essential as it enlightens people about, among other things, beliefs, perceptions, priorities, and preferences of a certain group. Even though the material culture might serve other purposes in the community, the Latin Americans use art to let the world know about the historic and contemporary struggles they have gone through in the hands of oppressive and aggressive authorities.
One of the most critical art forms in the Latin American community is folkloric expressions. Folkloric art is common in Peru, El Salvador, Mexico, Chile, Guatemala, and Ecuador. The role of this material culture is usually to express the modern-day political realities that have continued to face...
By purchasing this solution you'll be able to access the following files:
Solution.docx and Solution1.docx.