This assignment will give you practice finding available quantitative data, reading and comprehending existing data tables, using quantitative secondary data to answer a research question, and construct tables/graphs to illustrate your findings.
1. Choose a topic you’re interested in learning more about: Analyzing Quantitative Secondary Data. Write a research question.
2. Identify an existing database or government website with quantitative data that will help answer your question. Do a little web research on the database or website. Write a description of the database or website. What organization produces the database or website? How do they collect their data? How often do they collect their data? What kind of information/variables can be found in the database or website?
3. Locate quantitative information to answer your research question. Describe the variables. Specify the year the information is from. Include a link to the source data.
4. Construct 1 table and 1 graph illustrating this information. The table and graph must be properly labeled. Write a sentence describing the table and a sentence describing the graph.
5. Using the information you have gathered, answer your research question.
This material may consist of step-by-step explanations on how to solve a problem or examples of proper writing, including the use of citations, references, bibliographies, and formatting. This material is made available for the sole purpose of studying and learning - misuse is strictly forbidden.The aim of this assignment was to practice finding available quantitative databases, reading and comprehending existing data tables, and to use quantitative secondary data to answer a research question, and construct tables/graphs to illustrate it.
1. Given the increasing importance of drug and drug addiction issues, I was curious to find out do specific drug users differ in terms of when they first start using the drug and when they seek professional help for that drug problem for the first time.
The research question was: Is mean age at first drug use and mean age at first treatment entry different for users of different types of drugs...