In technical writing, you need to learn to analyze and design any document in terms of how it is usable, reader-friendly, and how it could be improved, so that it could be usable.
Style and design are very crucial in technical communication. Style is not artificial flavoring added to a document to make the content more "interesting." It's an appropriate style and design that makes a technical document readable for the audience. Keeping audience always in the center, technical writing is designed.
A typical reader-friendly and usable technical document can be designed by using appropriate:
• Creating and using appropriate graphics
• Revising and editing for usability.
In this assignment, you will redesign the document on page no 366-367 of the book based on the principles of style, design, creating and using graphics, and revising and editing for usability. You will design the document in such a way that satisfies these principles, and thus make it more accessible, more attractive, and more interesting to its intended reader.
• How to make technical documents reader-friendly and usable.
• This assignment should be directed at your scholarly peers, and you may assume that they have only a casual familiarity with instruction manual skills.
• Use simple and lucid language with correct grammar
• Style is yours
• Use appropriate design, and graphics
These solutions may offer step-by-step problem-solving explanations or good writing examples that include modern styles of formatting and construction of bibliographies out of text citations and references. Students may use these solutions for personal skill-building and practice. Unethical use is strictly forbidden.Suggestions
a. Color: the part of me that likes color likes the color scheme you’ve chosen; the part of me concerned with the potential (subliminal) psychological impact of a color scheme with relatively incongruous colors like blue and orange is worried you/we could do better.
- Erring in the direction of simplicity is often wise – perhaps limit the color palette to black, a couple of blues at most, and judicious use of whitespace? [For the record, I like the color scheme – it just may...
By purchasing this solution you'll be able to access the following files: