1. Narrate an event in which you compare and contrast three or more items (cars, apartments, colleges, dress designers, et cetera) in a particular class (group, category, type).
Persuade your reader to accept one of the items in the class as preferable to the others.
2. Your paper shall be preceded by an outline:
either subject-by-subject (whole-by-whole) or point-by-point (detail-by-detail) [class handout].
identify which is used (subject-by-subject or point-by-point) with an explanation; do not simply say, "The paper is subject-by-subject or point-by-point"; say why it is one or the other.
your paper conforms to the outline.
3. Underline and label your Claim/Thesis Statement (class handout).
4. Underline and label your warrant (class handout).
5. Underline and label your rebuttal/counter-argument (class handout).
6. Underline and label your basis of classification (limitation factor, factor to narrow topic, focus factor).
7. Underline and label your potential, disturbance, conflict, crisis, resolution.
8. In the Analysis section at the end of your paper, identify at least two Appeals (i.e., Support) used in your paper and give evidence of each Appeal as shown below:
Personal Appeal: The writer shows sincerity and trustworthiness when she says, Rational Appeal: The writer uses facts when he says, "...."
9, In the Analysis section at the end of your paper, identify the audience and explain why the language in your paper is appropriate (attractive) to the audience.
This material may consist of step-by-step explanations on how to solve a problem or examples of proper writing, including the use of citations, references, bibliographies, and formatting. This material is made available for the sole purpose of studying and learning - misuse is strictly forbidden.Choosing Between Three Popular Countertops:
Choosing Between Three Popular Countertops.
I always enjoyed cooking and adding n new twist on old recipes to create new ones. But what I really loved more than cooking was the time I spent with my family and friends enjoying the meals I made. After I realized that I loved to entertain, my kitchen island became a popular spot where we all gathered around and enjoyed a variety of foods and cocktails. My kitchen opened into the family room and the fact that my island was quite sizeable made my house a great place to entertain. However, I was not very excited about the old butcher block countertop that sat on top of my kitchen island. Not only was the butcher block hard to maintain and clean up, but it also got damaged easily from heat and scrapes. The fact that I had to worry about what I put on top of the butcher block and how clean it was what kept me from feeling relaxed and actually enjoying my company. In this case...