Find the errors in the following sentences and write the corrected versions below them.
1. Every person is different and so is every job, you have to look at both what you want and what they job requires.
(Commas, Comma Splices)
2. If your looking for a job where you can make a positive impact in someone counseling is the job for you.
3. i have also learned a lot such as, helping with personal problems, knowing when medications are given, their eating habits, etc.
(Capitalization, Commas, Parallelism)
4. All in all, this is a great career in which you have the freedom to do almost anything you please. Which is something that many people inspire to and so do I.
5. There are several criterias like: salary, demanding, stress level, job satisfaction, and etc.
6. There was a comment my interviewee made, she said he once worked all night, and still made an early appointment the next day.
(Comma Splices, Commas)
7. With all the good their always has to be some bad, there still can be some slight disadvantages to such a rewarding occupation.
(Commas, Comma splices,)
8. While interviewing him, Mr. Cowell said it’s important to me to be able to help people.
(Misplaced Modifiers, Pronoun/Antecedent Agreement)
9. In america its too soon to say there ought to be a minimum wage at 15 dollars.
10. A career path that is well known to have such stressful workloads and hectic schedules at times, are usually compensated greatly with awesome benefits for handling their jobs so well despite the chaotic moments.
(Subject-Verb Agreement, Commas, Pronoun Reference)
- Write an MLA Works Cited entry for a video on Youtube uploaded by Jerry Chen on Jan. 27, 2015, called “Alan Watts - What Do You Desire?”
- Write an MLA Works Cited entry for a TED Talk by Sara Seager called “The search for planets beyond our solar system.” It was recorded in March 2015.
This material may consist of step-by-step explanations on how to solve a problem or examples of proper writing, including the use of citations, references, bibliographies, and formatting. This material is made available for the sole purpose of studying and learning - misuse is strictly forbidden.1. Corrected version: Every person is different, and so is every job; you have to look at both what you want, and what the job requires.
2. Corrected version: If you’re looking for a job where you can make a positive impact in someone, counseling is the job for you.
3. Corrected version: I have also learned a lot, such as helping with personal problems, knowing when medications are given, understand people’s eating habits, etc...