1b. Is your claim cast in broad categories and/or generic words? If so, how might you convey your claim in more specific assertions?
2. What is the reason(s) in the thesis that supports the claim, and does that reason(s) speak to an element of how text works to persuade its audience?
If it doesn’t have a reason(s), or the reason(s) OR addresses the issue rather than the way the text works to achieve the author’s purpose, how might you fix it so that it does?
(Remember: here (reasons), you need to include rhetorical terms!)
3. Is the thesis a statement of fact? If it is, how might you fix it so that it makes a debatable claim?
4. Is the thesis a forecast of what you will do? If it is, how might you fix it so that it makes a debatable claim?
5. Is the thesis presented in the form of a question? If it is, how might you fix it so that it makes a debatable claim?
6. List three key pieces of evidence that you provide in the body of the paper that directly support your thesis. Have you made connections between your thesis and this evidence? If not, how might you do so in the body of your paper?
These solutions may offer step-by-step problem-solving explanations or good writing examples that include modern styles of formatting and construction of bibliographies out of text citations and references. Students may use these solutions for personal skill-building and practice. Unethical use is strictly forbidden.This supposed trend of advergames may not be much of a trend at all, especially with the benefit of hindsight (a little digging will have to be done to ascertain how prevalent advergames are now, 10 years after the article.
1a. What is your thesis claim, and does it take a stand on the validity of the author’s argument? If it doesn’t have a claim, or it doesn’t have one about the validity of the argument, how might you fix it so that it does?
My thesis claim is that the author’s argument is, at best, unsound (i.e. the premises may be untrue), and, yes, possibly even invalid (i.e. the reasoning may be flawed)....
By purchasing this solution you'll be able to access the following files: