- Server Basics (9) | Create Multiple Users at Once in Active Directory
- Server Basics (10) | Adding more fields while creating multiple users at once in AD using Powershell
- Server Basics (11) | Home Drives & Folder Redirection
- Server Basics (12) | Roaming Profiles - Windows 7
These solutions may offer step-by-step problem-solving explanations or good writing examples that include modern styles of formatting and construction of bibliographies out of text citations and references. Students may use these solutions for personal skill-building and practice. Unethical use is strictly forbidden.Adding Multiple Users in Active Directory
1. Using powershell, go to Active Directory.
2. Create a new Organizational Unit (OU) – where all new users will be listed
3. The user information can be imported from a csv file – the file needs to be copied over to the server, in the same folder as the powershell script which will be used to add users. (Note: the csv file must be comma delimited.)
4. So, create a folder for the script and the csv file.
5. [The script for AddUsers.ps1 is widely available online, only a few changes need to be made.]
6. Back in the Active Directory, right-click on the OU, select Properties. (Note: make sure the global View settings are set to allow the ‘advanced features’ view – other tabs like Attribute Editor under Properties will not be visible.)
a. Select the Attribute Editor tab.
b. Find the distinguishedName attribute.
By purchasing this solution you'll be able to access the following files: