Unit Outcomes addressed in this Assignment:
• Differentiate among goals, measurable objectives, related activities, and expected outcomes for a public health initiatives, program, or projects.
• Leverage analytical techniques to plan a public health effort.
• Articulate an achievable mission, set of core values, and vision.
Course Outcomes assessed in this Assignment:
Discuss the decision-making process used to resolve a public health issue.
As you near the conclusion of this introductory public health course, there are certain emerging skills that you will demonstrate in a major project. These competencies relate to the decision-making process used by public health professionals. Therefore, for the Unit 9 Assignment, you will:
• Justify a decision to resolve a public health issue.
• Employ analytical processes to plan health initiatives.
• Construct an evidence-based strategic plan for public health efforts.
Your version of a public health strategic plan will consist of three fundamental parts.
PART 1: Defining the Health Issue
You will begin your strategic plan by defining a specific health issue. Imagine that you are a director or manager for a public health organization, and you will:
• Identify a health issue aligned with Health People 2020.
• Discover a specific health issue’s objective per the Healthy People 2020 planning site.
(Please note: You may use the objective that you had evaluated in Unit 3 or select a different objective.)
To demonstrate your ability to define a relevant public health issue, you will perform three skills:
1. Summarize the health topic/issue by magnitude, extent and at-risk populations/communities.
2. Review at least five authoritative sources relevant to the current health issue within a brief literature review.
3. Outline the fundamental importance of addressing the public health issue.
PART 2 - Evaluating the Health Issue (Refer to the detailed breakdown below.)
After gaining a foundational understanding of the health issue, you will:
• Utilize analytical techniques to evaluate ways to address the problem.
• Develop evidence to resolve the issue.
• Form the basis of an action plan.
To demonstrate your ability to evaluate a public health issue, you will perform three analytical techniques:
• Prepare a health problem analysis model for your public health issue.
• Conduct a force field analysis to identify barriers or supportive factors.
• Illustrate a fishbone diagram to highlight the underlying reasons for the problem.
PART 3 - Create a Strategic plan (Refer to the detailed breakdown below.)
With evidence to support the relevance and importance of your health issue (part 1) and analysis to highlight ways to resolve (part 2), you may now work toward forming a strategic plan. To complete part 3, you will:
• Define the public health VMOSA (i.e., vision, mission, objectives, strategies, and action plan) for your initiative, program, or project.
• Articulate a feasible timeline and necessary resources for each task in the action plan.
• Connect the public health initiative, program, or project with a stakeholder analysis.
Please collate parts 1, 2, and 3 into a Microsoft Word document in APA Style.
These solutions may offer step-by-step problem-solving explanations or good writing examples that include modern styles of formatting and construction of bibliographies out of text citations and references. Students may use these solutions for personal skill-building and practice. Unethical use is strictly forbidden.Part 1: Defining the Health Issue
Summary of the health issue
The health issue selected is physical inactivity, and muscle-strengthening exercises to be precise. According to Healthy People (2017), a significant portion of the American population does not engage in muscle-strengthening activities. The agency clarifies that 80 percent of Americans aged 20 years and above and 80 percent of adolescents are affected by this health issue. Among these populations are those that make an effort to exercise. However, their physical activities do not usually meet the threshold set out by Healthy People 2020.
A review of sources relevant to the issue
A set of research studies have been conducted to explore the various dimensions of the health issue at hand. For instance, in their study, Grøntved, Pan, Mekary, Stampfer, Willett, Manson, and Hu (2014) examined the role of muscle-strengthening activities in eradicating the problem of Type 2 Diabetes in female populations. A group of middle-aged as well as older women was sampled and followed up for a period of eight years. These women were free of cancer, diabetes, and cardiovascular diseases during the onset of the study. The women were then instructed to engage in muscle-strengthening activities. After Cox Regression was carried out, it was revealed that muscle-strengthening activities are effective in mitigating the Type 2 Diabetes risk. While this is the case, the researchers asserted that better outcomes are realized if aerobic exercises are integrated....
By purchasing this solution you'll be able to access the following files: