Whole Tone Scale
1. Notate whole tone scales starting on the following notes.
2. Which of the above scales could be combined to produce the aggregate? Include all possibilities.
3. From scale la) above, derive the indicated sonorities. Analyze each.
Two seventh chords types
One augmented sixth chord type
other than augmented sixth
4. Transpose the whole-tone scale in 1b)
5. Transpose the whole-tone scale in 1b)
so that the resutling collection has no pitches
so that the resulting collection has one or
in common with the original.
more pitches in common with the original.
interval of transposition: i
interval of transpostion: i
These solutions may offer step-by-step problem-solving explanations or good writing examples that include modern styles of formatting and construction
of bibliographies out of text citations and references. Students may use these solutions for personal skill-building and practice.
Unethical use is strictly forbidden.