Tax Returns/IRS Issues

Homework Help & Tutoring

We offer an array of different online Tax Returns/IRS Issues tutors, all of whom are advanced in their fields and highly qualified to instruct you.
Tax Returns/IRS Issues
Send your subject help request Submit your homework problem, or a general tutoring request.
Get quotes from qualified tutors Receive a response from one of our tutors as soon as possible, sometimes within minutes!
Collaborate with your tutor online Work together with your tutor to answer your question within minutes!
Tax Returns/IRS Issues Tutors Available Now
6 tutors available
Bachelor of Arts (B.A.)
Hello students. I am 1393guru. I am an experienced tutor in the fields of Political Science, Public Administration, Sociology, History and E
4.9/5(5,202+ sessions)
33 minutes avg response
$25-$55 hourly rate
Master of Arts (M.A.)
I always strive to generate quality content with absolute correctness and accuracy. Your satisfaction is my happiness.
4.9/5(3,626+ sessions)
56 minutes avg response
Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.)
Passion-driven tutor who enjoys using his skills, training, and experience to help students improve their grades.
4.7/5(1,155+ sessions)
2 hours avg response
Master of Accountancy
I am a Chartered Accountant from India. I have 25 years experience of teaching ACCOUNTS and Management Accounting. Talk me for quality work.
4.8/5(713+ sessions)
33 minutes avg response
Master of Finance
I'm an economist with a postgraduate degree in finance, boasting extensive experience as a tutor in various business-related fields.
0/5(0+ sessions)
1 second avg response
Bachelor of Science (B.S.)
I am a CPA/Enrolled Agent with over 28 years of tax & accounting experience. I have worked at a big 4 firm Ernst & Young.
0/5(0+ sessions)
1 second avg response
See 6 More Tutors
See what our students are saying
Describe your homework help.
FAQ Frequently Asked Questions
Can you help me with my homework in less than 24 hours?
Can you help me with my exam/quiz/test?
How much will it cost?
What kind of payments do you accept?

Tax Returns/IRS Issues

Tax Returns/IRS Issues

A tax return document is used for reporting income, expenses, and other information, and is filed with a tax authority. It essentially tells the federal Internal Revenue Service (IRS) how much an individual has earned and how much taxes were paid, and what remains after applying additional deductions and credits.  If an individual has not paid enough taxes, the IRS will determine how much is owed. If too much tax was paid, the government will provide a refund. For most people in the United States, this document is typically filed by April 15th of each year.

Not everyone has to file an income tax return every year. An individual may be required to file a federal income tax return depending on their age, income, filing status, dependency status, or fulfilling a number of other special criteria. The exemption amounts are generally adjusted by the government prior to the tax filing period. For example, in 2017 single people under the age of 65 with an income of $10,400 or more were required to file.  As more individuals are turning to entrepreneurship and freelancing, it should be noted that self-employed taxpayers must file a federal income tax return if they earn at least $400. Even if an individual doesn’t meet the requirements for filing, it may be advantageous for some to do so, in order to receive some available tax breaks or to see if they are eligible for a refund for excess withholdings.

All individuals have the option to file by paper or electronically.  Paper filing is a good option for taxpayers who have straightforward returns. Those who have a lot paperwork to submit or those with complex tax issues should consider e-filing. E-filing is generally faster, more accurate, and more secure than paper filing. Despite the convenient nature of e-filing, not every person may be eligible to file, such as married couples filing separate returns who reside in a community property state, as are Arizona and California. Additionally, there are some tax forms that cannot be filed electronically and can only be mailed to the service center. The three sections of a tax return are the income section, deductions, and tax credits. In order to file, it is important for the taxpayer to have their W-2 Forms (1099 forms for contract work), a list of their deductible expenses, as well as supporting documentation such as receipts.

The main tax return document is some variation of the IRS 1040 form, depending on the tax situation. Taxpayers may all use the standard Form 1040.  Form 1040A is required when the individual has a taxable income of $100,000 or less and claims the standard deduction. It is generally a shorter version of the 1040 form but still more detailed than the 1040 EZ form, which is a one-page document with four sections to complete. A tax return generally begins with entering personal information, including name, address, social security number, filing status, and information on dependency. Using the W-2 tax form, all sources of income must be reported including dividends, self-employment income, royalties and capital gains.

A tax deduction helps to reduce the amount of income that is taxable depending on the taxpayer’s marginal tax rate, which varies based on income. The total deductions are subtracted from the taxable income to determine how much should be taxed for the year. Deductions that are often overlooked by taxpayers are charitable contributions, student loan payments, and state sales taxes. Further information on what kinds of deductions may be applicable can found online or discussed with an accountant or other tax professional. A tax credit is a dollar to dollar reduction of owed income tax that does not depend on tax rates. They are similar to deductions in that they vary widely depending on jurisdictions. Most tax credits are not able to be refunded, which means that any remaining amount expires the same year it was used. Many tax credits are related to caring for dependent children and older people.

Though the process of filing a tax return can be a complicated and time-consuming process, it can be made even more strenuous by mistakes on the taxpayer’s end. Many errors can be avoided by filing tax returns on time. Procrastinators waiting too long to file may end up missing their deadline. Another mistake is filing the wrong tax forms. Knowing the difference between forms 1040, 1040A and 1040 EZ is critical. There are also additional forms that may be needed, such as the Schedule C form for reporting business profits and losses. Sometimes there are problems with filing with regards to married couples. An individual should understand their filing status, as the rules are different for couples filing separately and those filing jointly. Spouses filing separately both need to claim the same deductions - either standard or itemized. When it comes to entering the information itself, maintaining a record of the previous year’s return, using a calculator or a software program made for calculating taxes, such as Tax app, ensures that there are no errors in entering the previous year’s information or in mathematical calculations. Some tax filers omit important information on their paper forms or forget to sign their tax returns.

Most accidental mistakes will result in additional delays and headaches for the taxpayer. Paper forms may be mailed back to the filer for correction and the taxpayer may not receive the refund he or she is due until the problem is cleared. There may be a penalty for failing to file taxes or for filing taxes late. This penalty could be up to about 25 percent of what the individual owes. Intentional misrepresentation of information or lying can result in an audit by the IRS or even criminal charges being filed. Tax fraud is a serious felony and is punishable by up to five to ten years in prison, depending on the gravity of the criminal case. Most common issues can be mitigated by remaining up to date on filing requirements and preparing returns early and submitting by the required due date.


To fulfill our tutoring mission of online education, our college homework help and online tutoring centers are standing by 24/7, ready to assist college students who need homework help with all aspects of tax returns/IRS issues. Our business tutors can help with all your projects, large or small, and we challenge you to find better online tax returns/IRS issues tutoring anywhere.

Read More

College Tax Returns/IRS Issues Homework Help

Since we have tutors in all Tax Returns/IRS Issues related topics, we can provide a range of different services. Our online Tax Returns/IRS Issues tutors will:

  • Provide specific insight for homework assignments.
  • Review broad conceptual ideas and chapters.
  • Simplify complex topics into digestible pieces of information.
  • Answer any Tax Returns/IRS Issues related questions.
  • Tailor instruction to fit your style of learning.

With these capabilities, our college Tax Returns/IRS Issues tutors will give you the tools you need to gain a comprehensive knowledge of Tax Returns/IRS Issues you can use in future courses.

24HourAnswers Online Tax Returns/IRS Issues Tutors

Our tutors are just as dedicated to your success in class as you are, so they are available around the clock to assist you with questions, homework, exam preparation and any Tax Returns/IRS Issues related assignments you need extra help completing.

In addition to gaining access to highly qualified tutors, you'll also strengthen your confidence level in the classroom when you work with us. This newfound confidence will allow you to apply your Tax Returns/IRS Issues knowledge in future courses and keep your education progressing smoothly.

Because our college Tax Returns/IRS Issues tutors are fully remote, seeking their help is easy. Rather than spend valuable time trying to find a local Tax Returns/IRS Issues tutor you can trust, just call on our tutors whenever you need them without any conflicting schedules getting in the way.

Start Working With Our College Tax Returns/IRS Issues Tutors
To fulfill our tutoring mission of online education, our college homework help and online tutoring centers are standing by 24/7, ready to assist college students who need homework help with all aspects of Tax Returns/IRS Issues.